Skip to main content

Symbiosis: Half-Friend!

 Why I always say that- I am everyone's friend, but nobody is my friend!

Well I have never been asked before, so neither I pondered on exactly "why I say that often"!
To explain your curiosity, thought about writing in brief but as a whole!
It is just the feeling with backed up by lots of subtle yet significant facts and acts.
Okay, here is 2 examples to clarify both sides of the coin!

1.

When I was in my middle school, there was this one girl with whom I would go to school, cram school, private tuition, almost everywhere & come home together!
Because her home was in between my home and schools. She was the top student in our class, from the beginning till the end of our high-school years.
Even in college, though we got chance in different public colleges which are far away from our home, we still managed to pace up and catch up with each other whenever there was a chance!

She had a friend-circle in school & college, but I not part of that.
And I was very familiar with the friend-circle as we were in the same class and they were very nice to me.
But by all means I can tell they do not count me as one of them, neither does she.

Why I thought so?
Those indications were very subtle, but as sharp intuitional I am, I caught up.
Like, they did not save a sit for me in school or tuition if I was late, wouldn't wait for me to have lunch together, and they'd their own little secrets that I didn't know and they visited each others houses. Most importantly celebrated/wished in birthdays... just like friends.
And when I caught up in those moments, things became awkward for us.
And also sad for me.
Also confusing!

Back then I was just a teen, and as 90's kid, we were not very smart-ass type like recent teen kids!

That half-friend thing was so exhausting and I wanted to stop.

I'd try to distance myself but then she will not allow it either!
Because when she asks, "why I am avoiding her!"
I could not say "Ohh you know, because I am your friend but you are not my friend!" Eventually, we went back to our normal routine!

We were like those fallen marriages.
No love or compassion, but cannot leave each other.
 Only to have a symbiotic relation!

2.

So it can be said that I did not learn in my life "How to make friends!"
It seemed a more complicated and difficult than calculus! So, down the road I just stopped expecting and trying for being/having a friend!
Thus, I became a lone-she-wolf, very comfortable inside of her own world and it was not even cold without any external warmth!

However, in my university life, I got this own friend-circle, that was truly mine!
Be it giving proxy in the morning classes, copying assignments, eating and roaming around together...everything that any usual friend-circle would do.
And even if I wanted to skip sometimes, they would never let me off the hook!
And I realized...
Uhh! I see! So that is how it feels to belong somewhere or having friends!
But...Yeah sorry to disappoint you... but not a happy ending!
I realized, I have become a very different person since I was in high-school.

But by then, I had became accustomed of keeping, doing everything all by myself.

I like being alone and do not get too involved where I might get hurt.
I am nice to everyone but always draw a line at a certain point.
And mostly I found there is more to life than study for stable career or boyfriend/husband/children!
Hence, the way I think, talk, do seems very complicated, beyond comprehension to them. They are border line normal people.
They fail to process, my normal ideologies, ways of living, doing, saying things most of the time!
But as they sincerely consider me as a friend, I cannot be heartless or rude to continuously push them!

Henceforth, I stop being honest and only let them see what they want to see me as.

In that process, before I could realize, I found myself I laugh, sit, talk, eat, do homework... with everyone!
Like if today with A, tomorrow with B, the other day with C...!

And as I grew up without anyone to call truly, literally a friend, I thought having no friend does not really matter.
I used to think, maybe I am too complicated, or too unapproachable or... I don't know.
Which is why, everyone gets friend except me!IMG_20210224_041125.jpgBut when I got my first friend for the first time, then another, then another...

I understood that it is not ME who deliberately blocks the road to reach me out.
And then I stopped taking care of one sided friendships, and treat everyone equally without any exception.

Because having so many friends around you yet no one is your friend is lonelier than being alone.

Though because I cannot stop being nice and cannot be harsh even if I do not want to, I end up being called "friend" almost anyone and everyone who is "connected" to me from a common ground!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The portrait of a lady in fire and cold

  If you say my life is blend, it will not be presumed entirely wrong; however, not quite right either. If I must say, I have only started to live life when I was 25 years old, graduated, a fresh intern. Before that it's all hazy and blurry, not in a sense that I do not remember anything, but because I remember almost every pros of a bumping-stranger, but nowhere amidst that, I could find myself, as you are in your lucid dreams, a observer only. So if I am referring to a life or anything relevant to life, it's always from the age of 25. Hence, these 5 years of mine have been the time I lived. If I am to say, I lived as I pleased, that will not be incorrect. Of course, I had to be burdened with the responsibilities, criticism, denial and in terms of acquisition of an elderly child who belonged to any middle-class family; regardless, I was capable of living a life I have desired since my sense of life itself. With all these sacrifices, compromises I have chose to make with my own

চৈত্রে সংক্রান্তি!

শর্টকার্ট বাজার আর চালু রান্নার চিন্তা নিয়ে বাজারে গেলেও, নজরকাড়া সবুজের কচি পুঁইশাকের টসটসে আঁটিটা দেখে পা যেন ওখানেই আটকে গেলো। প্রথম দেখায় প্রেমে পড়ার মতো। নতুন বাসায় আসার পর, কাঁচা বাজারে এখনো পা রাখা হয়নি। অবশেষে সারাদিন ঘুমিয়ে পেটে যখন ছুঁচোর কের্তন শুরু হলো, উঠে চোখেমুখে পানি দিয়ে, ঝিমাতে ঝিমাতে মানিব্যাগ হাতে নিয়ে গেঞ্জিটা গায়ে চাপিয়ে নীচে নামলাম। মাসের শুরু হলেও, মানিব্যাগের অবস্থা শোচনীয়। ভাবতে লাগলাম কি কেনা যায়, যাতে করে এই মাসে ৩/৪ বার রান্না করা যাবে এই এক বাজারেই। ভাবলাম মুরগী/গরুর মাংস নিয়ে নিব, ল্যাঠা চুকে যাবে। কিন্তু খুব সব্জিটব্জি খেতে ইচ্ছে করলো, সারা সপ্তাহ বিফ/চিকেন খেয়ে মুখে অরুচি চলে আসছে রিতীমতো। সারা মাসে ৩/৪ বার রহস্য হচ্ছে প্রতি সপ্তাহে আমি একদিন রাঁধি, দুইদিন খাই। আর সাধারণত দিনে একবেলা খাই। এখন এই একবেলা খাই শুনে আপনার কল্পিত "ডায়েট"এর ধারণাকে প্রশ্রয় দেবেননা। এটা আসলে রান্নার আলসেমির কারণে। সপ্তাহের ৫ দিন আপিসে লাঞ্চ দেয়, সাথে দেয় টুকটাক নাস্তা, আর যত মন চায় তত চা/কফি। রুটিন এমন হয়েছে যে, খাই কেবল যতক্ষন কাজের মাঝে থাকি। বাসায় ফিরে ঘুম, ঘুম থেক

অপ্সৃশ্যা!

 দু'হাত পকেটে পুরে যখন রাস্তা পার হচ্ছো, গাড়ির স্বচ্ছ কাঁচের ভেতর দিয়ে, তোমার বুড়িয়ে যাওয়া চুলগুলো, ঠিক আলাদা করতে পারছিলাম! কপট অভিমানে আনমনে বললাম, "কতদিন নিজের যত্ন নাওনা!" কথা দিয়েছিলে, এক মুঠো জোনাকি ধরে ঘর আলো করে দেবে! তারপর কয়েকযুগ পেরিয়ে গেলো, তবুও তোমার জোনাকি ধরা হলোনা! এই মুহূর্তে চশমার কাঁচ মুছতে গিয়ে, ভেবে দেখলাম, সে অপেক্ষায় আছি আমি আজো! তোমার মনে পড়ে? সিঁদুরের কৌটো হাতে এসে বলেছিলাম, "আমার বেনারসি, চুড়ি-ফিতা কিচ্ছু চাইনা, সিঁদুর পরাবে আর বুকের মাঝে রাখবে। মাঝেমাঝে বাস্তবতার কাছে হেরে গেলে, অল্প করে নাহয় আক্ষেপও করবে।" তুমি হেসে বলেছিলে, " বোকা মেয়ে! শুধু ভালবাসা সস্তা, ওতে সংসার চলে না। যে তোমাকে রানী করে রাখতে পারবেনা, তোমাকে ছোঁবার অধিকার তার হবেনা। তুমি বরং সুখী হও! " আমি তোমার মুখপানে চেয়ে থেকে, কি যেনো খুঁজছিলাম দীর্ঘক্ষণ! চোখের পাতাটা কি কেঁপেছিল? গালের পেশীগুলো মেকি হাসির আড়ালে কি হঠাৎ আড়ষ্ট হয়েছিলো? ট্রাফিকের আড়ালে তুমি অদৃশ্য হয়ে গেলে, কিন্তু আমি তোমাকে ঠিক দেখেছি, আর সে মুহূর্তেই বুঝেছি, তুমি ভালো নেই। আমাকে ছাড়া তুমি ভালো থাক