Skip to main content

At my arms length!

 I have always liked it quiet, I mean my surroundings.

Oh...ahmm...I assume "like" would not be appropriate perhaps.
Rather, somehow on the road it grew quiet and I just became accustomed and comfortable with that kind of background that frames my world.
So to say, I am that one person who does not belong to any circle or group particularly but like a floating cloud, waving around everywhere, being friends with everyone in the sight!
Hence, I have never envisioned I would even consider participating in a reunion! Let alone owing any momentums to reminisce!

Yet, what are the odds I have seized both the reunion and the memories for me!

As for the one that stands out the most, amongst those very few, the first one that always pops up right behind the "reunion" word is college reunion.

You know...College is a very complicated, short, beautiful eventually a very baffling time.
Like those glittering, shinny bubble! You became all enchanted, fascinated and getting ready to catch up but...time up!
You are a newly grown up, rightfully being adult! Not very cliché like high-schoolers, not too much mature like people in 20s!
And only the world start changing colors!
You start to have a comprehension on relationships, bonds, life, career orientation as a part of reality.
And then that co-exists with that mushy-warm sensation of colorful world, fancy dreams and wave of emotions, super-human aspiration that the world is all yours to live!

And that life is like a magical curse, no one can get by without having the taste regardless it's nature!

Somehow, even a dull, monotonous person like me had her momentums in that short, puzzling, annoying college life!
Even though, I did not really feel like attending the reunion, as there were faces I would very much love not to confront. Yet I could not help but being greedy after 5 years when I got the invitation!

The union for me was as expected full of awkwardness.

Now that I never thought, why I did?
Perhaps I was curious how they are doing, where they are now!
What is the condition to those never-ending friendships, happily-eve-after couples, weird bunch of group homies and many more things!
Yes, there were many known faces, but there were familiar faces as well. Unfortunately the known faces had rather seemed more unknown that those of actually unfamiliar ones!

Even though, I had this bad-ass group, used to be famous in the whole college, I found the vibe was not very comfortable from them!
And as sharp intuitional as I am, I did not try to laugh it off and remember our good-old-days.
I could not just simply squeeze myself in.
And it was my birthday!
The worst part was I could not even leave because that would be rude and unsocial.

Yet I am very happy that I had participated regardless all those awkwardness!

I am a person that only knows how to draw-a-line.
Like I said, I am everyone's friend, but nobody is my friend.
No!
Of course, I do not love this characteristic of mine!
It is just I can not help it, until someone cross the boundary and push line.
And Binu did that.

She came on to me, blew my boundary and said this is how you make friends.

She is my first friend, I made in my 23rd year of life!
She made me feel, what it is like to truly, literally have a friend!
She is the first person to gift me a rose Boquete, to fix my purl of my saree, buy me first aid bandage and put on my leg...you know those very trivial things a sweet- teen boyfriend would for his cherished girl.

She had friends.
Best, close, closer...all kinds of friends.
Amazing circle.
She is moody, assumed to be very unlikely to do those things for anyone!
I did not even knew her name until the reunion day!
I have seen her couple of times, because her best friend was my friend's girlfriend.
I do not know why, she adored me so much.

oihn.jpgFor some reason, we barely talk these days.

We grew apart, as we grew up!

I have almost forgotten, when was the last time we laughed and eat together.
Perhaps because both of us passing our hardest time of life.
Everyday spending all our energy for thriving and struggling, pushing back and forth, while consistently & constantly fighting to hang in there.
But I do wish she stays there.
Even though it is not very visible but I hope she can always be at my arms length.

One day I wish I could tell her, Binu! Godd, I miss you.

How are the little fishes of your aquarium doing?
Are the plants growing longer and longer, wrapping the balcony?
Shall we go for a some roaming?
I am missing the fragrance of the rose. Will you buy me again?
How about a evening city tour by slow-steady rickshaw ride?
And of course with tea and fuchka (kind of street food)?

The worst reunion gifted me one of the best persons of my life.

Now, I really need a reunion with her!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The portrait of a lady in fire and cold

  If you say my life is blend, it will not be presumed entirely wrong; however, not quite right either. If I must say, I have only started to live life when I was 25 years old, graduated, a fresh intern. Before that it's all hazy and blurry, not in a sense that I do not remember anything, but because I remember almost every pros of a bumping-stranger, but nowhere amidst that, I could find myself, as you are in your lucid dreams, a observer only. So if I am referring to a life or anything relevant to life, it's always from the age of 25. Hence, these 5 years of mine have been the time I lived. If I am to say, I lived as I pleased, that will not be incorrect. Of course, I had to be burdened with the responsibilities, criticism, denial and in terms of acquisition of an elderly child who belonged to any middle-class family; regardless, I was capable of living a life I have desired since my sense of life itself. With all these sacrifices, compromises I have chose to make with my own

চৈত্রে সংক্রান্তি!

শর্টকার্ট বাজার আর চালু রান্নার চিন্তা নিয়ে বাজারে গেলেও, নজরকাড়া সবুজের কচি পুঁইশাকের টসটসে আঁটিটা দেখে পা যেন ওখানেই আটকে গেলো। প্রথম দেখায় প্রেমে পড়ার মতো। নতুন বাসায় আসার পর, কাঁচা বাজারে এখনো পা রাখা হয়নি। অবশেষে সারাদিন ঘুমিয়ে পেটে যখন ছুঁচোর কের্তন শুরু হলো, উঠে চোখেমুখে পানি দিয়ে, ঝিমাতে ঝিমাতে মানিব্যাগ হাতে নিয়ে গেঞ্জিটা গায়ে চাপিয়ে নীচে নামলাম। মাসের শুরু হলেও, মানিব্যাগের অবস্থা শোচনীয়। ভাবতে লাগলাম কি কেনা যায়, যাতে করে এই মাসে ৩/৪ বার রান্না করা যাবে এই এক বাজারেই। ভাবলাম মুরগী/গরুর মাংস নিয়ে নিব, ল্যাঠা চুকে যাবে। কিন্তু খুব সব্জিটব্জি খেতে ইচ্ছে করলো, সারা সপ্তাহ বিফ/চিকেন খেয়ে মুখে অরুচি চলে আসছে রিতীমতো। সারা মাসে ৩/৪ বার রহস্য হচ্ছে প্রতি সপ্তাহে আমি একদিন রাঁধি, দুইদিন খাই। আর সাধারণত দিনে একবেলা খাই। এখন এই একবেলা খাই শুনে আপনার কল্পিত "ডায়েট"এর ধারণাকে প্রশ্রয় দেবেননা। এটা আসলে রান্নার আলসেমির কারণে। সপ্তাহের ৫ দিন আপিসে লাঞ্চ দেয়, সাথে দেয় টুকটাক নাস্তা, আর যত মন চায় তত চা/কফি। রুটিন এমন হয়েছে যে, খাই কেবল যতক্ষন কাজের মাঝে থাকি। বাসায় ফিরে ঘুম, ঘুম থেক

অপ্সৃশ্যা!

 দু'হাত পকেটে পুরে যখন রাস্তা পার হচ্ছো, গাড়ির স্বচ্ছ কাঁচের ভেতর দিয়ে, তোমার বুড়িয়ে যাওয়া চুলগুলো, ঠিক আলাদা করতে পারছিলাম! কপট অভিমানে আনমনে বললাম, "কতদিন নিজের যত্ন নাওনা!" কথা দিয়েছিলে, এক মুঠো জোনাকি ধরে ঘর আলো করে দেবে! তারপর কয়েকযুগ পেরিয়ে গেলো, তবুও তোমার জোনাকি ধরা হলোনা! এই মুহূর্তে চশমার কাঁচ মুছতে গিয়ে, ভেবে দেখলাম, সে অপেক্ষায় আছি আমি আজো! তোমার মনে পড়ে? সিঁদুরের কৌটো হাতে এসে বলেছিলাম, "আমার বেনারসি, চুড়ি-ফিতা কিচ্ছু চাইনা, সিঁদুর পরাবে আর বুকের মাঝে রাখবে। মাঝেমাঝে বাস্তবতার কাছে হেরে গেলে, অল্প করে নাহয় আক্ষেপও করবে।" তুমি হেসে বলেছিলে, " বোকা মেয়ে! শুধু ভালবাসা সস্তা, ওতে সংসার চলে না। যে তোমাকে রানী করে রাখতে পারবেনা, তোমাকে ছোঁবার অধিকার তার হবেনা। তুমি বরং সুখী হও! " আমি তোমার মুখপানে চেয়ে থেকে, কি যেনো খুঁজছিলাম দীর্ঘক্ষণ! চোখের পাতাটা কি কেঁপেছিল? গালের পেশীগুলো মেকি হাসির আড়ালে কি হঠাৎ আড়ষ্ট হয়েছিলো? ট্রাফিকের আড়ালে তুমি অদৃশ্য হয়ে গেলে, কিন্তু আমি তোমাকে ঠিক দেখেছি, আর সে মুহূর্তেই বুঝেছি, তুমি ভালো নেই। আমাকে ছাড়া তুমি ভালো থাক