Skip to main content

Fathers of EAST and Father's of WEST

 The other day my dear friend was expressing with a tender heart that the trip he will be going with his daughters will perhaps be the last trip of them together.

Because she will be a teen-adult soon and plausibly will go to trips with her friends from then on as the tradition in the west is.
Though he said he has made the girls ready possibly capable in everyway, so when time comes for them to depart from the nest, they can fly high and mightily.
He has also perhaps been mentally preparing himself for accepting the fact as possibly naturally as inevitable it is; however, still undeniably saddening.
I can assume, he has also been attempting to creat as much sweet memories as he can while they are home.

I wonder if his efforts to be the best man in their loves will ever comprehended by them.
I wonder whether they will be able to perceive what it means to own a father like that.
As well, will they ever be able to construe what it takes for him to be a father like that, and that just being a father socially and with a blood-bond does not mean it comes effortlessly to BECOME A FATHER FOR ONE TO CALL HIM HOME.

His efforts and actions, his acceptance, perseverance, dedication, and of course unconditional love, affection made me sort of jealous.
Not that my father loves or cherishes me any less.
Yet, I, as lamenting as it is, know that due to the traditional and cultural affairs of ours, my father could not become the father I dreamed of or he wanted to be.

I miss my father so much when he is right there, at my arms length.
I longed for his attention almost for all my lifetime.
I often would asked my mother about my childhood while we did not yet being crumbled under the social, cultural, and mostly religious prejudices.
When we had no distance to maintain, no nothing would be counted as shamelessness or inappropriate.
My father is a good human being, probably the best father I can ask for in my circumstances.
Now you might frowned at the word "probably"

It is "probably" because not that I would EVER wish for a change of father, but for I do wholeheartedly wish if I and my father could be born in a different time or place.
Where we did not have to draw boundaries religiously, traditionally, socially when the daughter grow up.
Where we can comfortably exchange words "Love you, dad" and "Love you more, sweetheart" without being awkward around.
Where we could travel together, go around eating out, talk and argue about our lives and perspectives.
And mostly, where we could express ourselves more often then regretting everything alone within our boundaries and with only our deprived soul.

In my early youth, I had my part of sulking and pouting towards my fayher for being such a foolish father.
I used to be very angry for his nonchalance, pouted constantly for his distance, despaired for his silence, hated sometimes for his foolishness and shortcomings.

But when I left home and relentlessly forced forward towards life all alone, I learned to forgave my father.
I found forgiveness for my poor fagher.
Not because he is wrong but because his circumstances are responsible for what he could not become.
But I know regardless that he has always loved me, prioritised me even when my mother would not take my side.

Perhaps he could not be any nearer to me, but he never has left me.
He could not show me but never he has stopped loving me.
He could not say actively but his actions have efforts in to express regardless of failure or success.
I believe at least I am fortunate than the most.

That is how fathers in our society particularly for women.
The more we grew, the distance between us as well increase, growing apart further and more.

Yes, we don’t leave our home that early like the culture in the West.
Perhaps, which is why our fathers do not contemplate on the matter that "they will fly soon, so better made some effort while they are home!"

images.jpeg

Hahh! I don’t even have a picture witg my father! And it is the story of us, same for the e girls
If we had that culture, I wonder if I would have tons of memories to cherish with my father as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The portrait of a lady in fire and cold

  If you say my life is blend, it will not be presumed entirely wrong; however, not quite right either. If I must say, I have only started to live life when I was 25 years old, graduated, a fresh intern. Before that it's all hazy and blurry, not in a sense that I do not remember anything, but because I remember almost every pros of a bumping-stranger, but nowhere amidst that, I could find myself, as you are in your lucid dreams, a observer only. So if I am referring to a life or anything relevant to life, it's always from the age of 25. Hence, these 5 years of mine have been the time I lived. If I am to say, I lived as I pleased, that will not be incorrect. Of course, I had to be burdened with the responsibilities, criticism, denial and in terms of acquisition of an elderly child who belonged to any middle-class family; regardless, I was capable of living a life I have desired since my sense of life itself. With all these sacrifices, compromises I have chose to make with my own

চৈত্রে সংক্রান্তি!

শর্টকার্ট বাজার আর চালু রান্নার চিন্তা নিয়ে বাজারে গেলেও, নজরকাড়া সবুজের কচি পুঁইশাকের টসটসে আঁটিটা দেখে পা যেন ওখানেই আটকে গেলো। প্রথম দেখায় প্রেমে পড়ার মতো। নতুন বাসায় আসার পর, কাঁচা বাজারে এখনো পা রাখা হয়নি। অবশেষে সারাদিন ঘুমিয়ে পেটে যখন ছুঁচোর কের্তন শুরু হলো, উঠে চোখেমুখে পানি দিয়ে, ঝিমাতে ঝিমাতে মানিব্যাগ হাতে নিয়ে গেঞ্জিটা গায়ে চাপিয়ে নীচে নামলাম। মাসের শুরু হলেও, মানিব্যাগের অবস্থা শোচনীয়। ভাবতে লাগলাম কি কেনা যায়, যাতে করে এই মাসে ৩/৪ বার রান্না করা যাবে এই এক বাজারেই। ভাবলাম মুরগী/গরুর মাংস নিয়ে নিব, ল্যাঠা চুকে যাবে। কিন্তু খুব সব্জিটব্জি খেতে ইচ্ছে করলো, সারা সপ্তাহ বিফ/চিকেন খেয়ে মুখে অরুচি চলে আসছে রিতীমতো। সারা মাসে ৩/৪ বার রহস্য হচ্ছে প্রতি সপ্তাহে আমি একদিন রাঁধি, দুইদিন খাই। আর সাধারণত দিনে একবেলা খাই। এখন এই একবেলা খাই শুনে আপনার কল্পিত "ডায়েট"এর ধারণাকে প্রশ্রয় দেবেননা। এটা আসলে রান্নার আলসেমির কারণে। সপ্তাহের ৫ দিন আপিসে লাঞ্চ দেয়, সাথে দেয় টুকটাক নাস্তা, আর যত মন চায় তত চা/কফি। রুটিন এমন হয়েছে যে, খাই কেবল যতক্ষন কাজের মাঝে থাকি। বাসায় ফিরে ঘুম, ঘুম থেক

অপ্সৃশ্যা!

 দু'হাত পকেটে পুরে যখন রাস্তা পার হচ্ছো, গাড়ির স্বচ্ছ কাঁচের ভেতর দিয়ে, তোমার বুড়িয়ে যাওয়া চুলগুলো, ঠিক আলাদা করতে পারছিলাম! কপট অভিমানে আনমনে বললাম, "কতদিন নিজের যত্ন নাওনা!" কথা দিয়েছিলে, এক মুঠো জোনাকি ধরে ঘর আলো করে দেবে! তারপর কয়েকযুগ পেরিয়ে গেলো, তবুও তোমার জোনাকি ধরা হলোনা! এই মুহূর্তে চশমার কাঁচ মুছতে গিয়ে, ভেবে দেখলাম, সে অপেক্ষায় আছি আমি আজো! তোমার মনে পড়ে? সিঁদুরের কৌটো হাতে এসে বলেছিলাম, "আমার বেনারসি, চুড়ি-ফিতা কিচ্ছু চাইনা, সিঁদুর পরাবে আর বুকের মাঝে রাখবে। মাঝেমাঝে বাস্তবতার কাছে হেরে গেলে, অল্প করে নাহয় আক্ষেপও করবে।" তুমি হেসে বলেছিলে, " বোকা মেয়ে! শুধু ভালবাসা সস্তা, ওতে সংসার চলে না। যে তোমাকে রানী করে রাখতে পারবেনা, তোমাকে ছোঁবার অধিকার তার হবেনা। তুমি বরং সুখী হও! " আমি তোমার মুখপানে চেয়ে থেকে, কি যেনো খুঁজছিলাম দীর্ঘক্ষণ! চোখের পাতাটা কি কেঁপেছিল? গালের পেশীগুলো মেকি হাসির আড়ালে কি হঠাৎ আড়ষ্ট হয়েছিলো? ট্রাফিকের আড়ালে তুমি অদৃশ্য হয়ে গেলে, কিন্তু আমি তোমাকে ঠিক দেখেছি, আর সে মুহূর্তেই বুঝেছি, তুমি ভালো নেই। আমাকে ছাড়া তুমি ভালো থাক