Skip to main content

Chapter-26: Because you seek for me

 : Grand Marshal! Where are you going! 
She paused
 on the gate of "Amenakh" where she is about to enter by the sudden shout from behind! 


I... actually knew deep down that he will come regardless his all circumstantial odds. 
Yet, I'm surprised!  
As she turned back and realised he has come across from a very distant place within a very short notice. Probably as soon as he got the news from moire! Even the cloth he's wearing is too shinny to suit as formal (which is almost rusty and dirty for probably long and reckless ride) with no armour! 
: "Geenral Tseraf! you.. came!" Her voice barely hide her relief.
: Of course! Is everything alright, M'lady? He bowed and smiled. "And How have you been?" 
The Grand Marshal sighed a breath of relief. Tried to keep it unnoticed but as sharp as General Tseraf's eyes, it couldn’t go unnoticed though he would act as if he didn’t notice a thing! 
: I am great. How are you? 
: "I am absolutely fine" Said General Tseraf with his usual delightful smile.
: I.. uhh I am extremely sorry that I had to drag you here when you were on vacation! But I... I couldn’t manage anyone! So I had to..." 
 : It's fine M'lady! It’s not like I was doing anything important!" The General assured her. 
The Grand Marshal looked at him. 

He is still panting.
And Even his bright featured skin looked so burned down.
The drop of sweat on his face here and there was like a diamond, glittering under the sun! 

For a moment, she felt a pang of guilt inside her. But that's just for a second. 
: "So? What happened!" He asked. 
: Let's go to my Study Hall first, shall we? 
He sat on the other side of her table! She Gave him water and some fruits. 
: It is not necessary, M'lady!  
: Eat up. You will be in need of that! And explaining the update will take some time anyway. 
He was really hungry because of the long journey, so he started to eat while the Marshal started to explain the last updates she got from the Generals. Finally after she finished explaining Tseraf said- 
: "Okay then I am entering "Amenakh" if there isn’t anything!"
She seems to hesitate for a moment! Then said,
: "Okay! And I truly appreciate that you came!"  
: "Please don’t embarrass me M'lady." He laughed. "Alright then! I am leaving for Amenakh. Don’t worry I'll handle"
But still... 
Still she doesn’t understand why... why is he so arrogant, aggressive yet so much of a convenience for her in terms of circumstances like this! 
Why he would ruin his complacency and rushed here when he was supposed to resent The Grand Marshal!  
For the way he appears, if he were to deny to rush over or give her some excuses, it would be very reasonable and understandable.
: "Why General Tseraf! Why did you come?" Before I know she realized The Grand Marshal asked him.
He had almost reached the door when he heard her saying that. 
He paused but didn’t turn right away. 
He took a deep breath and slowly turned, looking directly into her eyes. 
Then he smiled!
Again!
 That damn smile of him.  
As if he is in tremendous pain! The agony of something is no naked in his eyes...and in times like this he cares less to suppress rather eager to express! 
: "Why...you say M'lady! Well... Because you seek for me!"
She didn’t say a word.
He was gone as soon as he answered. 
She felt bemused, a bit afflicted but mostly... happy maybe!? 
She sighed and recumbent in her chair staring at the ceiling.
She didn’t realize she was smiling!  

_______________________________________

Chapter: 26

Book-1: Conspiracy in Raven Hall

Book Series: Journey of an Adamant Queen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The portrait of a lady in fire and cold

  If you say my life is blend, it will not be presumed entirely wrong; however, not quite right either. If I must say, I have only started to live life when I was 25 years old, graduated, a fresh intern. Before that it's all hazy and blurry, not in a sense that I do not remember anything, but because I remember almost every pros of a bumping-stranger, but nowhere amidst that, I could find myself, as you are in your lucid dreams, a observer only. So if I am referring to a life or anything relevant to life, it's always from the age of 25. Hence, these 5 years of mine have been the time I lived. If I am to say, I lived as I pleased, that will not be incorrect. Of course, I had to be burdened with the responsibilities, criticism, denial and in terms of acquisition of an elderly child who belonged to any middle-class family; regardless, I was capable of living a life I have desired since my sense of life itself. With all these sacrifices, compromises I have chose to make with my own

চৈত্রে সংক্রান্তি!

শর্টকার্ট বাজার আর চালু রান্নার চিন্তা নিয়ে বাজারে গেলেও, নজরকাড়া সবুজের কচি পুঁইশাকের টসটসে আঁটিটা দেখে পা যেন ওখানেই আটকে গেলো। প্রথম দেখায় প্রেমে পড়ার মতো। নতুন বাসায় আসার পর, কাঁচা বাজারে এখনো পা রাখা হয়নি। অবশেষে সারাদিন ঘুমিয়ে পেটে যখন ছুঁচোর কের্তন শুরু হলো, উঠে চোখেমুখে পানি দিয়ে, ঝিমাতে ঝিমাতে মানিব্যাগ হাতে নিয়ে গেঞ্জিটা গায়ে চাপিয়ে নীচে নামলাম। মাসের শুরু হলেও, মানিব্যাগের অবস্থা শোচনীয়। ভাবতে লাগলাম কি কেনা যায়, যাতে করে এই মাসে ৩/৪ বার রান্না করা যাবে এই এক বাজারেই। ভাবলাম মুরগী/গরুর মাংস নিয়ে নিব, ল্যাঠা চুকে যাবে। কিন্তু খুব সব্জিটব্জি খেতে ইচ্ছে করলো, সারা সপ্তাহ বিফ/চিকেন খেয়ে মুখে অরুচি চলে আসছে রিতীমতো। সারা মাসে ৩/৪ বার রহস্য হচ্ছে প্রতি সপ্তাহে আমি একদিন রাঁধি, দুইদিন খাই। আর সাধারণত দিনে একবেলা খাই। এখন এই একবেলা খাই শুনে আপনার কল্পিত "ডায়েট"এর ধারণাকে প্রশ্রয় দেবেননা। এটা আসলে রান্নার আলসেমির কারণে। সপ্তাহের ৫ দিন আপিসে লাঞ্চ দেয়, সাথে দেয় টুকটাক নাস্তা, আর যত মন চায় তত চা/কফি। রুটিন এমন হয়েছে যে, খাই কেবল যতক্ষন কাজের মাঝে থাকি। বাসায় ফিরে ঘুম, ঘুম থেক

অপ্সৃশ্যা!

 দু'হাত পকেটে পুরে যখন রাস্তা পার হচ্ছো, গাড়ির স্বচ্ছ কাঁচের ভেতর দিয়ে, তোমার বুড়িয়ে যাওয়া চুলগুলো, ঠিক আলাদা করতে পারছিলাম! কপট অভিমানে আনমনে বললাম, "কতদিন নিজের যত্ন নাওনা!" কথা দিয়েছিলে, এক মুঠো জোনাকি ধরে ঘর আলো করে দেবে! তারপর কয়েকযুগ পেরিয়ে গেলো, তবুও তোমার জোনাকি ধরা হলোনা! এই মুহূর্তে চশমার কাঁচ মুছতে গিয়ে, ভেবে দেখলাম, সে অপেক্ষায় আছি আমি আজো! তোমার মনে পড়ে? সিঁদুরের কৌটো হাতে এসে বলেছিলাম, "আমার বেনারসি, চুড়ি-ফিতা কিচ্ছু চাইনা, সিঁদুর পরাবে আর বুকের মাঝে রাখবে। মাঝেমাঝে বাস্তবতার কাছে হেরে গেলে, অল্প করে নাহয় আক্ষেপও করবে।" তুমি হেসে বলেছিলে, " বোকা মেয়ে! শুধু ভালবাসা সস্তা, ওতে সংসার চলে না। যে তোমাকে রানী করে রাখতে পারবেনা, তোমাকে ছোঁবার অধিকার তার হবেনা। তুমি বরং সুখী হও! " আমি তোমার মুখপানে চেয়ে থেকে, কি যেনো খুঁজছিলাম দীর্ঘক্ষণ! চোখের পাতাটা কি কেঁপেছিল? গালের পেশীগুলো মেকি হাসির আড়ালে কি হঠাৎ আড়ষ্ট হয়েছিলো? ট্রাফিকের আড়ালে তুমি অদৃশ্য হয়ে গেলে, কিন্তু আমি তোমাকে ঠিক দেখেছি, আর সে মুহূর্তেই বুঝেছি, তুমি ভালো নেই। আমাকে ছাড়া তুমি ভালো থাক